Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Photos

I haven't posted anything new in awhile so I thought I would share some of my new photos. The model is my sister in-law. We started out in the studio, then moved outside when the weather cleared up a little.

It was the first time I had the chance to play with using gels to change the background color. It worked great. I used one off-camera flash (w/gel) for the backdrop and one for my main light and a reflector for fill for the indoor shots. For the outdoor shots I used one off-camera flash and a reflector.


To see more photos check out my Shutterstock portfolio here

4 comments:

  1. Great lighting & cool backdrops in the studio dude. You're getting incredible at portraiture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, the lighting is superb, post more about the "setting" on the photos (off camera flash and reflector, etc..)! :)

    cheers and thanks for sharing,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, thanks for the comments and complements.

    Luis, my lighting setup is pretty simple. For the indoor shots: For my main light I used an off-camera flash (a Canon 430EX) on a light stand with an umbrella and adapter that lets me fire it with a sync cable hooked directly into my Canon 5D. For a fill light I used a big disc reflector on the opposite side. For the backdrop I used another flash (Sunpak 383)on a light stand (fired with a slave adapter) with a custom gel holder I made.

    For the outdoor shots I used the same setup but without the second light.

    As for my camera settings I really just eyeball it. I start with my shutterspeed at the max flash sync speed for my camera(1/200) then set the aperture where I want it (usually around F8). Then I adjust the power output on the flashes to where it looks right.

    You can read more about my light setups here http://twcdm.blogspot.com/2009/04/potd-11.html. I think I'm going to do a post about cheap off-camera lighting. There are quite a few out there, but I have a system that works pretty good for me and it doesn't break the bank either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!! :) I don't have any of those things but I am thinking of it...!

    cheers and nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.