Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shuttertweet

Stock photo site Shutterstock.com recently added a new feature that promotes your portfolio on Twitter.

Here is the announcement from Shutterstock:

"If you’re on Twitter, we just made it easier for you to tweet about all the cool work you’re showcasing on Shutterstock, and if you haven’t taken the plunge into the Twittersphere – we invite you to join us.

Shuttertweet gives you the ability to instantly send out tweets regarding new images added to your portfolio. Shuttertweet will also update the Twitter community with your download count each day.

Plus, we added your referral ID to the Twitter urls so if someone makes a purchase after clicking the link, you’ll make a referral commission!

Here’s how the tweets will look:

- I sold 10 images today through @shutterstock! My gallery is here:
http://www.shutterstock.com (link to your gallery will be provided in tweet)

- I just got 10 images accepted to @shutterstock! Check out my gallery
here: http://www.shutterstock.com (link to your gallery will be provided in tweet)


To sign up, login to the submit site and click the option under "Make Money" (or click here: https://submit.shutterstock.com/admin.mhtml#shuttertweet ) and then connect your Shutterstock account to your Twitter account, which will approve us to send the tweets on your behalf. You can deactivate Shuttertweet at any time.

We look forward to seeing you at: http://twitter.com/shutterstock

Tweet you later!
Your Friends @Shutterstock"

Im looking forward to seeing how this works.

2 comments:

  1. hmm...not sure how I feel about this. Sure it's good for promotion, but most of my followers are also my competition ;) I don't really see the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Shuttertwwet just because its another way of getting your referral links out there.

    Also, a lot of my followers are non-stock photographers or people that might be interested in selling stock some day. These Shuttertweet stats could be useful to them.

    I have already had a photographer contact me asking for more info about stock photography from one of my Shuttertweets.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.