Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

POTD #21

Photo of the Day
This is a shot of Mt Shuksan as seen from the Mt Baker Ski Lodge. This is the first shot after I got out of the car. My wife and I had planned on making the drive (a good three hours from where we were living north of Seattle) to do some hiking. It is a really nice drive out there, but it was a long one.

We had got an early start but by the time we were getting close to the trail head it was already noon. The road to get to the trail head was at the end of a road the split off from the main road. It was just a bumpy dirt road that followed the Nooksack River. We had to take it really slow because we were in my 2WD sedan and there was a lot of debris on the road from a storm from a few months before.

We drove for about half and hour (at least) only to come to a pile of fallen trees across the road. We could have parked, climbed over them and hiked to the trail head, but we were not sure how much further we had to go. We decided to turn back and drive to the Mt Baker ski lodge at the end of the main road and see if we found any promising trials.

We didnt find any trials and didnt do any hiking but, when we got to the end of the road I snapped this shot of Mt Shuksan. We walked around the ski lodge for a bit to strecth our legs and feeling a bit uncomfortable beeing the only people in the joint in jeans and hiking shoes. Talk about dirty looks!

We were bummed we didnt get to hike the trail we drove out to hike, but it was a really nice drive and I got this great photo.

The Breakdown: Nothing tricky here, just a standard landscape shot.


Camera:
Olympus E-500
Exposure:
0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:
f/20
Focal Length:
34 mm
ISO Speed:
100
Exposure Bias:
0 EV

Here are links to some of the equipment I was using on Adorama.com (if the equipment I used is no longer available I have listed either the newer version or a similar substitute).

Olympus E-520 - Replacement for the E-500

Photoshop CS4

My Photography Workflow:

I shoot in raw,
organize and review shots in Adobe Bridge,
process raw files in Adobe Camera Raw and export as .jpeg if im done,
if I need to do more work in Photoshop I export as .tiff,
make final touches in Photoshop,
I add titles, descriptions and keywords in Bridge when im done editing.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.