Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

POTD #9

Photo of the Day
This is another example of what you can do with a DIY light tent and desk lamps.

The breakdown: This pineapple was a pain to work with. I had a really hard time getting it to stand up because it wasnt totally flat on the bottom. I tried supporting it with some fishing line, but ended up just using a roll of masking tape on its side as a base and that worked pretty good.

As for the lighting, I used the same light tent next to a window with some desk lamps just like most of my earlier isolated photos.

I boosted the color in Photoshop and cut out the background by using a combination of the magic wand tool and the eraser zoomed in to 200% feathering set to 95%.

I took this shot with the Olympus E-500.

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.