Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Monday, April 6, 2009

POTD #6

Photo of the Day



A lot of photographers are intimidated by working with kids, when really they can be great subjects to photograph. I think the secret is to go into the shoot with reasonable expectations. If you are expecting a toddler to give you pose after pose and not get distracted its just not going to happen. Try to let the model drive the shoot, just be there to capture the moments where they are happy and smiling or just playing with some toys.

This particular photo shoot when far better than I could have imagined. I shot for at least an hour and got a few hundred great shots and this was the last one I took. The model started getting fussy so we were done.

The breakdown: I shot this on a white backdrop with one off-camera flashes (a Sunpak 383) on a light stand. For more info on off camera lighting check out strobist.blogspot.com.

I Placed the light to my right and used a reflector on my left to bounce back some light from the flash and fill in the shadows.

I took this shot with the Olympus E-500 at 1500mm, f5.6, 1/600 sec, ISO 100.

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.