Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

POTD #4

Photo of the Day


This is a shot of my wife when she was eight months pregnant with our son. We really wanted to do some nice photos, but it was hard to know when to take them. We wanted to record what she looked like "really pregnant" but not wait too long and have her go into labor early. As it turns out we could have waited another month and nine days, although I dont think Carra would have been in the mood to pose for me at that point.

The breakdown: I shot this on a black backdrop with two off-camera flashes (a Sunpak 383 and an Olympus FL-50) on light stands with umbrellas. For more info on off camera lighting check out strobist.blogspot.com it will change the way you look at lighting.

I ran a sync cable from my camera to the FL-50 and used two Adorama slave adapters one to the FL-50 because it doesnt have a port to plug the sync cable into and the Adorama adapter lets me do that, the other on the Sunpak 383 so it would act as a slave and fire when the FL-50 did.

After shooting the image I converted the image to black and white in Photoshop.

I took this shot with the Canon 5d with the 24-105mm lens at 73mm, f6.3, 1/200 sec, ISO 100.

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.