Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

POTD #3

Photo of the Day



I had this idea for "light paintings" I would create "paintings" using different lights and get the image by using a long exposure and moving the light in front of my lens. The idea isnt totally original as I found out after looking around on the web, but I still wanted to give it a shot.

The breakdown: For this shot I turned off all the lights in my studio, stuck my camera on a tripod with a remote trigger, aimed the camera at a black backdrop and stood in front of it with a small flashlight and moved it around to get the design. I used the bulb shooting mode on my camera so I could keep the shutter open for as long as I wanted.

After shooting the image I changed the color in Photoshop.

I took this shot with the Canon 5d with the 24-105mm lens at 58mm, f9 ISO 100.

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.