Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Friday, April 24, 2009

POTD #18

Photo of the Day
Took this shot at the beach down the street from my house of my sister in-law and her boyfriend. They wanted some photos for engagement announcements.

The Breakdown: The weather was pretty gloomy, but like I have said before its almost easier to shoot on days like this and work with what you have (great diffused light) rather than try and fill in hard shadows from the bright sun.

I didnt use any lights or reflectors for this shot, just the diffused light from the sun.



Camera:
Olympus E-500
Exposure:
0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:
f/7.1
Focal Length:
57 mm
ISO Speed:
100
Exposure Bias:
0 EV

Here are links to some of the equipment I was using on Adorama.com (if the equipment I used is no longer available I have listed either the newer version or a similar substitute).

Olympus E-520 - Replacement for the E-500

Photoshop CS4

My Photography Workflow:

I shoot in raw,
organize and review shots in Adobe Bridge,
process raw files in Adobe Camera Raw and export as .jpeg if im done,
if I need to do more work in Photoshop I export as .tiff,
make final touches in Photoshop,
I add titles, descriptions and keywords in Bridge when im done editing.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.