Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

POTD #13

Photo of the Day

Here is a nice sunny summer photo for you. I took this shot of a friend of mine's son at the beach.

The Breakdown: This is a pretty simple one no fancy lighting techniques or anything. Weston was running up and down the beach trying to keep his kite off the ground paying no attention to me. I got behind him and sat in the sand so I could get a nice low angle shot with both him and his kite in the frame.

Camera:
OLYMPUS E-500
Exposure:
0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture:
f/6.3
Focal Length:
17 mm
ISO Speed:
100
Exposure Bias:
0 EV

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

2 comments:

  1. You guys live so close to the beach, that must be awesome. This looks great - love blue skies. The most even lighting is on the overcast days, but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. Adding in blue skies in post, is a pain. I'd much rather shoot on a day like this. One setting that overcast days are excellent are in the city, since the buildings pretty much block out most of the sky, depending on your angles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I really lucked out on the weather that day. I usually have to do some Photoshop work to get they sky looking right, but I didnt do much here but punch up the color a little.

    I was using a UV filter which are nice for cutting down on the haze (also good for protecting your lenses). Im planning on getting a Circular Polarizer soon so that should make things even easier.

    Like you said adding in blue sky in Photoshop is a pain, and it rarely looks natural (to me at least). I have learned that its far better to get it right in the camera than try to rely on Photoshop to fix it later.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.