Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

POTD #12

Photo of the Day


"I became very aware that all that separated us from the beast was five feet and some flimsy wire fence."

This is a shot I took at The Olympic Game Farm a couple of summers ago. I used to come here all the time when I was a kid, but hadn't been for a really long time so I thought it might be fun.

The Breakdown: No big secrets here, this shot was pretty straight forward. The way the Game Farm works is its like a zoo that you drive through. I had my wife drive and I sat in the back seat with my camera.

We pulled up to the bear enclosures and these huge animals came lumbering over to our car. I became very aware that all that separated us from the beast was five feet and some flimsy wire fence (I know I'm being dramatic here, I just wanted something interesting for the caption).

Many of the animals are retired from Disney films so they are used to performing. They plop down in front of you and start waving their arms and fake growling and snarling like this one is doing in my photo. It felt more like working with a model than a wild animal.

It was a lot of fun and I really liked this shot. I like that it doesnt look like your typical zoo shot of a bear through glass or a fence from half a mile away while it walks around in circles. Its more like a "when animals attack" shot. lol

Camera:
OLYMPUS E-500
Exposure:
0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture:
f/6.3
Focal Length:
96 mm
ISO Speed:
200
Exposure Bias:
0 EV

All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.