Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

POTD #2

Photo of the Day


This is an example of how to use the existing light to get a good photo.

The breakdown: I took this shot on a bright sunny day because I was going for a summer yard work theme. Because it was so bright out I used a big 40" reflector on my left side (opposite the sun) to bounce some of that light back on the front of the mower.

I took this shot with the Canon 5d with the 24-105mm lens at 45mm, f5.6 and 160/sec ISO 100.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Great shot. You definity achieved the look you where going for and with great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the comment Snaprender. I forgot to mention I shoot everything in raw and do post-production in Photoshop.

    Photoshop is great for punching up the color and if you shoot in raw you can really be selective about what color to enhance, like the reds and greens in this photo.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.