Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Monday, March 30, 2009

POTD #1: Photo of the day

Thought I would start something new on the blog, so here it is. Photo of the day, im going to do my best to get one of these up at least 5 days a week.

Here is POTD (Photo of the day) #1


This is a shot of my wife Carra and son River at a park near our house on a little photo shoot for his seven month birthday.

The breakdown: The weather was a little overcast as are many days out here in the lovely Pacific Northwest, but im starting to find this works really well for outdoor shoots. When its a little cloudy the sun works as a giant softbox and provides great diffused light. I brought along my new Speedlite the 430EX and used it handheld off camera via a 3ft ETTL sync cable for a little extra light and so I could shoot at a faster shutterspeed without raising my ISO past 100.

I took this shot with the Canon 5d with the 24-105mm lens at 105mm, f8 and 160/sec.

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.