Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Photoshop: From Snapshot to Stock Photo pt. 2

In part one I talked about taking the photo and isolating it. In part two im going to talk about getting the most out of your photos.

This photo took me hours so I want to make sure im going to get my moneys worth out of it. By changing the color of the body I can make this look like a totally different car. You never know what people are going to need so its good to give them options.

Here is what I did. In Photoshop I took my car layer and added a Hue/Saturation layer. I checked the Colorize box and bumped the saturation up too 75. From here all you have to do is move the Hue slider around until you get the color you want. The next step is painting out the areas I dont want to be Colorized. Add a layer mask (if you dont already have one) and start painting out those areas you dont want to be affected.

This little trick works for lots of things.

This photo was of three red cups.

You get the idea. Have fun.

If you have any questions about Photoshop or stock photography email me at
travismanley@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.