Welcome to the blog! twcdm.blogspot.com is all about sharing tips, tricks and tutorials all having to do with photography, Photoshop and getting into the stock photo industry.
Enjoy!

Travis Manley


My bio is here.
My Stock Photography portfolio is here.
My personal blog is here.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Macro Photography on the cheap


*Above photo from i-source-global.com

If you like shooting things up close you have to try out extension tubes.

Extension tubes are a great way to take great macro and extreme close up photos using the lenses you have already. They are also cheap because they have no glass in them, they are just hallow tubes.

I just found some generic no brand tubes for about $20 that work fine. The only downside is they are built pretty cheap and do not communicate with my camera so I have to do all the settings manually and there is a little guess work involved. For about $80 you can get a really nice one that is built a little more solid and will have some auto ability with your camera.

If you have any questions about extension tubes feel free to email me.
travismanley@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.